An updated Radio journey...

After having only been a Radio Presenter at Erewash Sound since June 2016, everything seems to have moved so quickly. I fell in love with radio and enjoy every minute of broadcasting live on air. I'll admit that I am a perfectionist and I definitely take what I do very seriously.

I can't actually believe that I have done something that I didn't think I would get for a very long time, if at all. Today, I managed to get an Internship at Capital FM. How? I don't really know. Hard work? Probably. But I still can't quite believe it.

If someone had said to me 3 years ago, or even a year ago, that I was going to be where I am now at 18, I would have laughed very hard and told them to stop being so ridiculous. I still have a long way to go but I honestly wouldn't be where I am today without my Mum and Dad's unconditional support, driving me to places at ridiculous times in the morning and basically being my taxi! I wouldn't be able to do what I do without them and of course my not-so-little sister who keeps me completely grounded haha! And of course to my Radio Manager at Erewash Sound but also my friend, Jeff, who answers my endless streams of questions and probably gets fed up with me asking him on how I can improve and what I can do to become a better presenter. I was on the phone to Jeff a few minutes ago, crying my eyes out because I feel so overwhelmed and unbelievably lucky to be doing the things that many people dream of. And all my friends, who put up with me asking them what they think to ideas or telling them to give me feedback on my shows, I love them all very much. I definitely don't take any opportunity for granted.

I will of course, be continuing my presenting at Erewash Sound, every Wednesday afternoon 1-4pm on 96.8FM. My little family at Erewash Sound are the most supportive and lovely bunch of people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I love them all very much.

I hope that I can continue with these exciting opportunities and will be blogging my journey along the way.

Sorry for a very emotional and waffly post!

With love always,

Emma ♡ x

No comments

Back to Top