I'm going to have my own radio show...

So, this was not the post I had planned to upload tonight. But, I can tell you I am extremely excited as I am writing this, sat in the radio studio. As some of you may know, it is my dream to become a radio or television broadcaster. This week, I have been working with Erewash Sound (96.8FM) which is a fantastic local station.

I have just been told that my demos are good enough for me to have my 'debut' if you like, tomorrow on the station live at 3pm-4pm. I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am, and of course, I am very nervous too. If you are unsure, a radio demo is basically me doing a show but it is recorded rather than going out live on air. This way, I was able to get feedback.

Although I have been on the radio live a few times, it has mainly been chipping in or co-hosting with another presenter and this week I read the traffic and travel news, which was pretty scary as well as co-hosting. Tomorrow, I will be doing an hour show, full of (hopefully) exciting content. The thing that scares me most is that it will be live, so if I make a mistake, there is no going back!

Radio is much harder than I ever imagined, but I didn't realise how much I was going to love it. A combination of talking, music and people; 3 of my favourite things!

This is possibly one of the most exciting achievements of my life so far, I can only continue to work hard and hopefully work my way up the media ladder, so to speak.

My family and friends, have been so so supportive and for that, I am eternally grateful! Also, a huge thank you to everyone at the station who have given me excellent advice, especially Jeff who has been so very patient and supportive of me, so thank you for making this happen Jeff, if you're reading!

I would really appreciate it if you could tune in tomorrow to hear me do my debut show, 3-4pm. Here is how you can listen:
  •  Tune in the old fashioned way on your radio, on 96.8FM
  • Download the 'Tune In' app from the App Store or google play and then type in 'Erewash Sound'.
  • You can also listen through the website if you click here: http://www.erewashsound.com
Bye for now, I'm off to co-present a show with a presenter called Laura. 4pm-7pm tonight, feel free to tune in to that if you fancy, I know it is going to be very fun! It's all go go go for me this week!

With love always, 
 Emma ♡ x

No comments

Back to Top